From:
Gary M Sadger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 1997 11:03:42 -0400
What if KODO could talk, what would he say right now?  Would he blame the
lawmakers of the State of Michigan for his plight?  Would he blame the
animal control officer that took him away from his owner?  Who Knows?

I personally have trouble accepting the facts and circumstances leading up
to this poor ferret's life threating predicament.

When I think back to when I first found out that ferrets were legalized in
the State of Michigan.  I was told that if my pet ferret were to bite
someone, and it was reported , my ferret would be put to death immediately.
I find it hard to believe that Mr Jacobs was not aware of this, and if he
was , my sorrow for KODO is only deepened.

I feel that Mr. Jacobs did not use good judgment when having his ferrets
out in public!  He allowed this situation to present itself and could have
avoided it.  Ferret owners must be extremely careful and watchful when
allowing strange people close to their LOVED ONES!

My wife and I are very concerned for KODO's life, we have sent in our
monetary commitment to help fight for KODO's life.  I have E-Mailed the
Governor of Michigan with a plea for his assistance in stopping the needless
death of Mr. Jacob's KODO.

I hope that this unfortunate incident will wake up ferret owners to the fact
that they could very possibly lose their pet loved one to Michigan State
Laws.  My wife and I will think about KODO every time we have our loved ones
away from the safety of our home, I would hope that Mr. Jacobs will also.
We sincerely hope that KODO wins his fight for life.

I know this is long but I have one other short note , I would urge the Great
Lakes Ferret Association to make it their first priority to educate the
public about the responsibilities of pet ferret ownership.  Until Michigan
Law can be changed, our loved ones must be protected, and we as owners have
that responsibility!!

KODO, we are with you in our hearts.