From:
Brooke Lusky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:19:44 -0500
After 6+ years of being ferretless, I've fallen off the wagon and been
brought back to ferret life! Those of you who have been on this list
for ages may remember me as Codabugg. I had tons of health problems
with Cody and Indy (mostly with Indy) and I was blessed to be owned
by Ekko, a pastel angora...many people referred to me as "Ekko's Mom"
because they had seen his pic at the top of my Ferret Frenzy page.
Ekko was my last to go to the Bridge, back in January of 2002.

Today, I rescued/adopted 2 male ferts...my first since losing Ekko. One
is a black sable, approx. 2 y/o and the other appears to be a cinnamon,
approx. 3 y/o. They were being housed in a large plastic dog kennel,
loaded with cedar bedding and eating 9 Lives cat food! These people had
gotten the ferrets a few months ago and said that the younger one had
bitten the older one and he had this "spot" on his side ever since.
When I got there and looked at him, it appears to be an abscess...about
the size of a quarter! He'll be visiting the vet ASAP for it!

They're both sweethearts and my female Pit Bull is completely in love
with them! She thinks I brought them home to be her pets! My male Pit
is scared to death of them, so he's perfectly content being locked away
during their playtime.

I'm still working on finding them a suitable cage, but I immediately
tossed the cedar bedding and 9 Lives and scrubbed the kennel down. I
got them a huge double hammock and they don't even know what to do with
it...poor lil guys!

Anyhoo...I'm so glad to be a part of the ferret world again! :-) Too
bad I don't still work for a vet so I can get discounted vet care!
*sigh*

Brooke