From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:07:25 -0700
A young man was advertising a ferret he found in the Safeway parking lot
in San Jose, CA, on Thursday, October 16.  There is a large apartment
building in the area and probably not much else in the way of housing.
The ferret is a sable, probably female (he couldn't tell in spite of my
descriptions) and probably young.  It is very friendly and doing all of
the normal ferrety things.  I have given him some advice on feeding and
cautions.  He will keep the ferret for another day or so, and if no one
claims it, I will use my 'rescue' resources here in CA.  Don't worry, if
the owner is not found, the ferret will go to a safe and knowledgeable
place.  I would just rather it be with its family.  Contact me at
707 643-8595.

Shirley

[A later P.S.]

Hope this makes Saturday's FML.  Seems the ferret found near a Safeway
in San Jose, Ca, is probably a male.  From phone description, he has a
little 'pimple' on his belly.  I told them to watch where he pees and
they will know for sure.

Shirley