From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:35:43 -0400
Ipecac (sp?) is being withdrawn from the market later this year due
to way too many serious complications if I recall right. One of the
emetics is, I think... BUT I DON'T FIND IT SO MY RECOLLECTION COULD
BE FAULTY. [You are correct. BIG]

Hydrogen peroxide has been used to induce vomiting

BUT

you do NOT want to create vomiting for all things. In some cases (for
example acids or bases) you can double the damage and in others you can
cause accidental suffocation (for example vomiting a piece of balloon)
or aspiration pneumonia (oils and more).

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have the treating vet or Animal Poison Control
decide!

These will get you started:
Poison Control and helpful poisoning prevention references:
ASPCA Animal Poison Control:
http://www.napcc.aspca.org
Angell Memorial's ASPCA Poison Control:
<http://www.mspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=poisoncontrolhotline_pagewrapperlanding>