From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:25:40 -0700
We have a rice box and separate dirt box for the ferrets.  Mom bought the
regular dirt and found it to be clumpy and got hard easily and at times the
ferrets pooped in the box.  The clumping meant we had to mix the dirt for
the ferrets to play in it.  Then mom tried organic dirt and we found glass,
rubber bands and twigs in this dirt.  While mom was using peat moss for her
garden, she decided to try this in our big turtle box..  Mom found the peat
moss to be soft and fluffy so she thought, why not... So far, this has
worked out fine with no problems as of yet.  We have used peat moss for
about 2 months...

One suggestion on the rice box, about 1-2 months, change at least a few
layers of the rice.  Not sure how many pounds of rice we use, but it's at
least 40 pounds I think.

Debbie