From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 09:37:44 -0400
Various people asked:
>Does anybody know when there will be a show ...

And the Mysterious BIG replied:
>[Moderator's note: There was just such a list posted in the FML a
>couple of days ago - check out issue 1674 if you didn't yet.  BIG]

That list, from STAR*Ferrets, also appears at Ferret Central.  I
update it whenever the new list comes through on the FML.  It's at
http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/for-others/events.html

Shawna Kaufman
>How often should I clean her ears?

I clean our ferrets' ears when they seem dirty, which is only a few
times a year.  No excess wax, no scratching, no mites, no problems.

>I want to try to fert-proof *my* room so she can come in and explore.
>But I have lots of electrical cords.

Our ferret room is also the computer room and the stereo/TV/VCR room.  We've
never had a ferret (among two of our own and five assorted foster ferrets)
who did more than sniff at the wires once or twice.  Oh, wait -- they do
knock the phone cord out of the wall with a particularly exuberant wardance
now and again.

>She scratches at the carpet in front of the door.  But never when I'm
>in there!  How do I stop that?

It's very difficult.  You're better off putting down plastic carpet runner
to protect the carpet.

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>