From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 15:31:42 -0400
Today Dr. D took another ex-ray of Rascal's chest.  Even on Duiretics he
has so much fluid around his lungs that Dr. D gave him a prognosis of
extremely poor.  At 1:30, Saturday, August 3rd Rascal crossed the bridge.
I couldn't bear the thought of Rascal struggling to breath so I made the
decision to let him go.  He spent the last few weeks mostly sleeping as
he had no strength.  He lost almost a half pound in two weeks.  He just
wasn't happy.  We had a wonderful drive to the vet's office, he draped
himself across my shoulders for most of the drive (1 1/2 hours), and the
rest of the time he curled up on my lap.  He even left me a poop on my
car floor.

He was only about 6 years old.  He had a wonderful, spoiled life, I
don't think anyone else would have put up with him!  I'll miss him with
my whole heart, we've been through so much together.  He is one of my
originals.

I love you with my whole heart Rascal, I really didn't expect to drive
home without you.  Buster is waiting for you at the bridge.

Amy