Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 07:01:39 -0400
Hi everyone,

I have a room that my ferrets like to wreak havoc in and have been trying
to figure out a way to keep them out since one of the two entrances to the
room does not have a door.  Yesterday I was in Lowe's and found a piece of
30x60" Plexiglas.  It is very flexible and I simply curved it around and
braced it in the corner of the room and against a bookshelf sitting there.
I now have a nice, clear rounded area where my babies can LOOK in the room
but not get in it.  This will only work in a doorway that either has some
edging (like for a door to be inserted) or something on either side of the
doorway to anchor it in place.  With the way the Plexiglas bows it has
plenty of tension to hold itself in place.  Needless to say Meep and Daisy
aren't overly thrilled.  Meep has spent some time trying to jump up and
over it (without luck) and Daisy has run into it a couple of times but now
seems to realize that it is there.  Best thing of all was the cost - only
$15 (including tax!) And Lowes had quite a variety of sizes so you could
get exactly what you need.  I would recommend getting a piece about 2 feet
wider than your door way for a nice arch and tension to hold it in place.
They also cut the Plexiglas free of charge so you can do some custom
fitting if you want.  Also because it is so easy to put in place, it is
easily removed for company, vacuuming etc.  It would also work for keeping
ferrets in a particular room and still allow you to see and interact with
them instead of having to shut a door.

Karla
Meep (I WILL get over this wall, I WILL!)
Daisy (OUCH!  my nose is sore -WHAT is that?)