From:
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:46:28 EST
I just want to tell you all there is a Petco here in Las Vegas that has a
great manager and great person Erin running the small animal dept.  Erin
checks out each kit carefully and any that have problems get turned over to
me, they also donate to the shelter and are letting me do adoptions from
their store.

The latest kit came to me when a lump was noticed on her side, my vet went
in and did the surgery and had to remove her right kidney.  Why?  A botched
spay, they tied the urethea so that all the urine was going in the kidney
and it was blown up to the size of a golf ball.  Her name is Baby Bump and
my sister who was afraid of ferrets 9 months ago fell in love with her and
will be her foster mom, we don't know yet how well she will do with one
kidney, we are going to check the values in 1 week and see how the other
kidney is doing, if it is not damaged then she should be ok.

The reason I'm telling you this is if you work at a pet store that has
kits or looking to buy, CHECK the kits out carefully.  Most pet stores can
surrender the ferret to a shelter and write it off or get a credit.

Keep your fingers crossed for little Baby Bump, she is so sweet and
deserves to live a full life, and not dye young because of a mistake by
human hands.

CJ
24 Carat ferret Rescue And Shelter