From:
Vickie McKimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:17:07 -0400
Just wanted to put in my 2 cents on the 8-in-1 treat debate.

For the most part I stay away from 8-in-1 treats.  Most are loaded with
sugar and carbs.  So if you don't want to give your ferrets insulinoma,
then you shouldn't be feeding sugar and carb loaded treats.

My ferrets never really cared for the chicken treats because they had
raisin or banana in them - in other words sugar and carbs.  My ferrets
are meat eaters and don't tend to like sweets much.  Since the
reformulation of the 8-in-1 chicken treats my ferrets now like them.
Gee, guess that means they taste more like meat treat and not like a
sweet treat!

I have no problems with 8-in-1 products as a whole but I have told them
on more than one occasion that they should not be marketing the high
sugar and carb treats for ferrets.  Glad to see they are making changes
for the better - at least a little at a time!

Vickie McKimmey
Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com