From:
bill and diane killian - zen and the art of ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 06:35:18 -0700
>From:    Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: more diet questions
>For example, Iams canned kitten food
>has 14.5% protein, 10.5% fat, 68% moisture.  How does that compare with a
>dry food that is 36% protein, 22% fat and 10% moisture?

100 - 68 = 32% non-water
100 - 10 = 90% non-water

14.5 / 32 = 0.45 protien in the can
36 / 90 = 0.40 protien in the bag

10.5 / 32 = .33 fat in the can
22 / 90 = .24 fat in the bag

That's our approach...

>From:    Sukie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: interesting!; distributors; farms

>WOW!  That IS interesting!

We do recommend conversing with Marshall instead of accusing.  You can
learn all kinds of stuff from them.

>A few years ago a distributor here in NJ was being gone after

He may still be at it.  A source at Marshall has mentioned a guy there to
us in connection with a post here on the FML.

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Last chance to write

>1. MF ferrets have papers from MF.  Ask to see these when you find a
>group of ferrets that do not have their eyes open yet.  MF ferrets--MF
>papers.

When Quality Ferrets pulled their angora ferrets from pet stores, the pet
stores were so kind as to give them Marshall "paperwork".  Seems that
that paperwork is no guarantee of origination.  Its not hard to make
mistakes or forge paperwork.

>2. One thing that a number of you have shared with me: If someone writes
>in such a manner that it is offensive or upsetting

You have not yet to our knowledge stated when and where these kits were
found.

Guess we who are trying to help fix this situation are among those you
ignore.  Is trying to get to the truth of this upsetting in some way?

bill and diane
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets