From:
meesh meesh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:44:17 -0700
Firtly, THANKS to everyone who emailed.  I love this list.  You guys
are great. ;).  Sorry it's been a few days since I"ve had a chance to
respond..such is the life of a vet student :).

I think I may have mistyped (lack of sleep or something)...I think the
question the vet asked was about bloody discharges during heat.  I know
they can have discharges during heat but are they ever bloody?  Sorry for
the error.  ...BUT, also..glad I made the error.  I got some interesting
answers.  Most stated they hadn't seen bloody discharges but some have
said that near the end of pregnancy they can see spots of blood and one
mentioned a syrupy-like discharge near the end of gestation.  ..very
interesting.  Also interesting was the point made by one person that while
s/he hasn't ever seen a bloody discharge, it doesn't mean they haven't
been cleaning themselves such that we might never witness it.  (a really
good point).

Thanks again for the answers and I look forward to the answer regarding
bloody discharges in heat.  As for me, right now, I'm becoming an expert
in the formation of bladder stones in goats...a...n...d...I"m starting to
smell like one myself..lol  (I have one inpatient, a buck, who, like
ferrets, has a smell most can't stand.  To me though, it's a musky, nature
smell...only problem is, even the washing machine can't get that smell
out..lol..one person in a store I went to after school one day turned to me
and said, "No amount of perfume can cover the smell of buck!" (ROTFLMAO)..
I thought that was funny.)

Anyway, take care all.  I'll be emailing again as my girl has diarrhea
that's gone on for months.  We're having another workup at school but I'll
be emailing here and the FHL for your combined experience and wisdom (I
just don't want to open her up again...for those of you who know Mighty
Mouse..I just don't want to do it AGAIN..even if a biopsy of her intestines
is the indicated thing to do..sigh..but tell you about it all later..gotta
sleep...

Hugs (and ferret kisses)

Michaela Maurice
College of Veterinary Medicine