From:
Fuzzies-r-Us <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:12:57 -0400
This is a testament to how ferrets seem to have such a drive to survive.
The first of this week I had a knock on the front door, a delivery person
thrust a clipboard and a white cardboard box at me and asked me to "Sign",
I did, and off they went.

There was a sticker on the side that said "live animal" and a "Delta Air
Lines" sticker on the top.

Inside was a little panda ferret, which I knew at one time as "Blossem"
the "new pet of a former co-worker" The Blossem I knew was chubby, leaping,
dancing, soft as cotton, this little girl was laying on the bottom of the
box, sides heaving and shuddering every once and a while, with her fur
rough and uneven.  There was no water or food in the box, no note, no
letter of explanation, nothing.

She was as limp as a wet paper towel, and her left rear leg hung and just
dangled, as I touched the leg she whined...I got some pedilite in her, and
she seemed to really perk up, a little later she tried a little Ensure, and
more pedilite.  But there was clearly something wrong with her rear leg, so
off to see "Dr. John".  There, we find she had a fracture, so he "splinted"
and wrapped it.  Back home she took more fluids, and a little "duck soup".

After lots of lap time I put her in a hammock that Mysti the Shy one
sometimes uses.  Mysti is my five-year-old albino that won't tolorate any
of the other fur kids, but she saw Blossem in her hammock, she sniffed
Blossem, and promptly climbed in with her and started to clean Blossems
ear.  Moments later, Mysti was nestled with Blossem.  WoW!

Today, they are like peas in a pod, I never thought Mysti would adopt
another ferret.  Now they follow each other, and nap in Mysti's "secret
places" they are always together now looking out for each other.  Blossem
is now trying to play, she's still very weak, a little softer, and a bit
more solid.  But she is showing her ferretattitude.  J  I'm sorry this is
so long, but Blossem is a special little girl, a family member now.

I guess they always amaze us with what little fighters they are.  Don't
they deserve an extra hug?

Visit the cutest ferret kids on the Internet
at: http://bones2000.virtualave.net
See:
Sir Trouble Esq.
Princess Peewee (Princess of Begging)
Lady Miss Fitt (the Thinker of the group)
MoePretty (The sweety of the Gang)
Alice (The Queen of Ferrets)
Misty (Daddy's little Girl)
and introducing Dweezle, the rocket powered weezle
Ricky (Mr. Cuddle's) Who has jouined his departed brother Bandit
His Royal Highness: Bandit, wwho has gone ahead of us
Take a moment to visit Bandits and Ricky's Memorial page:
http://bones2000.virtualave.net/memorial.html