From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 02:36:55 EST
>From:    April Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bitting
>How do I get my female to stop biting.  Flicking her on the nose isn't
>working

The real question is when are you going to stop flicking her on the nose?
It's not really surprising that she won't stop biting -- I wouldn't be too
inclined to stop biting if someone kept flicking me in the nose.  The fact
is, I'd be far more inclined to bite harder.

Try using positive reinforcement.  When she bites, tell her in a firm,
clear voice -- "No" or "No biting."  After a few minutes, offer her some
Ferretone or Ferrevite -- just a drop or two and let her lick your hand.
At that point, tell her she is a good girl and stroke her lovingly.
Ferrets are smart -- most quickly figure out which response they would
rather get and adjust their behaviors accordingly.