From:
Blossom Flower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 03:55:44 -0800
I got some good news tonight when I checked my email.  A woman read one
of my posts and emailed me saying that she rescued the ferret from the
Indiana man who had threatened to shoot her.  She got the ferret for her
father who has wanted one for quite some time and she said he is really
in love with her and will get a lot of spoiling.  :) The crazy thing is
the guy posted a message on the yahoo group trying to get sympathy saying
that he was sad he didn't get to kiss the ferret goodbye - this after he
threatened to SHOOT it!  According to the woman who adopted her "Kevin"
couldn't seem to hand her the ferret and cage fast enough and get the
money.  That was all he seemed to care about.  But thankfully the ferret
has been adopted now by someone who will give her a loving home. :)

On a totally unrelated note... I rescued two little kittens yesterday
while I was at my Mother's house visiting.  There are a lot of stray dogs
and cats that run loose in the neighborhood.  For some reason the pound
hasn't picked them up yet.  Anyway as I was leaving with my little girl
to go down the street to a park we see these two little kittens run under
my Mom's van thru the fence in to her yard, so I chased them around
trying to catch them without much luck.  Then after maybe 10 minutes or
so I caught the little bobtail orange kitten as she tried to run thru a
hole in the fence and got stuck.  lol I took her and placed her in an
empty desk drawer that was sitting outside and put something on the top
of it until I could catch the other kitten.  Then I spent several hours
trying to catch the black and white striped kitten, but he was quite an
escape artist.  lol Finally at around midnight last night we caught the
second kitten and reunited the two of them.  These poor little kittens
were so boney and filthy, full of car greace from hiding under vehicles.
I fed the first kitten earlier in the afternoon and then fed them again
together when I found the other one and they went after that food like
they hadn't eaten in a long time.  Their bellies looked like big balloons
by the time they were done eating.  lol As soon as I got them back home
I gave them both a really good bath and fixed a cozy little bed for them
in the bathroom next to their litter pan and food, etc... After they get
totally litter trained and are used to being here (and have had their
shots, etc..) I will let them sleep wherever they choose.

I've been planning to adopt a ferret for quite some time now without much
luck due to my location, but I felt so bad for these little kitties there
was no way I could just leave them to fend for themselves, and it was
obvious that nobody has been taking care of them.  But wouldn't you know
it... As soon as I got home with the kittens late last night I checked my
email and had gotten a note from a woman here in CA.  who is desperate to
find a home for her fuzzie because she is moving and she said no one will
let her keep the ferret at their home, or something to that effect.  All
these months of placing ads on various ferret lists trying to adopt a
ferret and then I get a reply after I've taken in these kittens.  lol

My husband likes animals a lot too, but he wasn't thrilled about having
two cats in our apt. at first, although he really is getting attached
fast now. :)  But I really didn't think he'd go for me adding a ferret
to our home now that I got these two kittens, but I finally managed to
persuade him tonight... So if everything goes right we should be adopting
a little fuzzie very soon! :)  The woman lives a little ways from us, but
she said we could meet halfway, so I'm just waiting to hear back from her
again and get all the details.  I have wanted to adopt another ferret
ever since my Slinky passed away almost 7 years ago, but it was too hard
for us to think about it for awhile because we were so attached to him
and didn't feel like he could be replaced.  Kind of hard to explain, but
I'm sure many of you know what I mean.  Then we moved here to CA.  so I
just didn't think I'd ever get the chance to adopt another ferret unless
we moved back down south.  So if this works out it will be very special
for us. :)

Sorry to write so much.  I just wanted to share the happy news.  We
raised our last ferret with the cat and they got along well, so I don't
think it will be a problem to have the ferret around the kittens.  Of
course I would never leave them alone together unattended just in case,
but I think they are young enough that they would adjust well to the
ferret.  Do any of you guys have cats that play nicely with the ferrets?
Just wondering.  Any advice is welcome.

Ok I am shutting up now, I promise!  lol Good night.  :)