From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 18:27:42 -0400
Good news first, Jack went in for another glucose check yesterday and his
level was up to 104!!  He has rebounded extremely well from surgery on the
12th, still a little thin, but very active.

Now for the question.... I talked to Dr. Allum about switching Jack to
herbal treatments (Devil's Club) instead of the pred.  She was actually
very much in favor and encouraged me to give it a try.  She has only
tried using the Devil's Club for her Panda, but Panda had very advanced
insulinoma.  Jack is still precancerous, so our hope is to prevent him
from advancing and throwing off the cancer cells.  A refresher - Jack had
surgery on the 12th would showed a pancreas that was hard and purplish, no
nodules.  A biopsy showed unusual cell growth, which the pathologist said
would turn into a cancer that would throw off cells leading to cancer most
likely in bone marrow and lymph nodes.

Has anyone used Devil's Club with any success?  If so, I've seen several
'types' of Devil's Club.  The Last Chance Rescue sells Devil's Club
Supreme.  I have also seen Devil's Club Root and Devil's Club Jumblo
(sp??).  All are sold in 1 fl oz bottles.  I cannot find descriptions which
define what makes them different or better/worse.  Anyone have opinions??

Hugs,

Jen and Gang