From:
Bruce Williams DVM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 19:01:41 EST
To Cathy Mook :

  I agree with Pam Greene on this one - your ferret is most likely shedding
out for the spring.  But , you should also keep adrenal disesae in the back
of your mind - you will certainly be able to tell when the hair loss
reaches a critical mass and you have to start considering adrenal disease
as a legitimate possibility.

  If you are very very worried - you might consider pursuing the new blood test
that just became available from the University of Tennessee for those
difficult to diagnose cases.  I think Pam has already included it in the FAQ.
I don't have the phone number at my fingertips on this machine, but if you
will contact me at work on Monday - I'll be happy to give you all of the info.

       Bruce Williams, DVM                 Department of Veterinary Pathology
       [log in to unmask]         Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
       OR [log in to unmask]           Washington, D.C.  20306-6000
            (202) 782-2600/2602