From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:09:56 +0000
Hi Ya'll,

Angus here, caretaker of Maggie Mae.  I have been compiling a manual on the
care and feeding of _Homo Sapien Magnumoris Feminae Maggie Mae_.  I feel
that there has been little information available on this often misunderstood
species.

This is a very hard animal to study as it is totally unpredictable.  The
speciman I have studied is bred from a line that originated in the northern
British Isles area.  Although this line was transplanted to North American
over two hundred years ago, many of the original survival instincts are
still observable.

Most dominate is the tenacity, or should I say the simple hardheadedness, of
this human.  While this trait would have been useful in the rugged terrain
and climate of Scotland, giving the speciman a staying power under adverse
conditions, it serves only to hinder in the new enviroment of the US.

Also the sharp tongue and wit of this Magnumoris can sometimes be used
without conscious effort, again, this instinct was appropiate when dealing
with the predator species of England, but can be self-destructive lacking
that predation.

However, Maggie Mae can be readily observed reading strange tomes, which
often include Freud, Lacan and obscure religious texts.  It frequents a
large local book depository for these, sometimes searching for hours for
just the right volume.  She is also seen, for hours at a time, in front of
any available computer.  With this she harrases friends and fellows with
letters.  Lately, she has been seen pounding on the machine and spewing
forth unknown verbage.

Maggie Mae also spends time watching anything to do with mysteries, whether
it be television or movies.  This also includes programs which would disgust
other Magnumorisae with there contents, such as decomposition rates based on
growth stages of instects.

This paticular animal enjoys many varieties of food, both preparing and
consuming.  Of paticular interest are Mexican and Japanese varieties.  She
also consumes large quantities of caffine and lager.  Lately mudslides have
been included in the diet.

A solitary animal that enjoys the company of extremely different species
over its own, she spends time with ferrets and cats.

Although this article has yet to be published, due to its unfinished nature,
I will let you know when it is available.

Angus