From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:26:36 -0400
>From:    Edward Lipinski Ferrets NorthWest FNW <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Shelter Helpers Are Appreciated, But. . .

>[Moderator's note: Sigh.... note this post contains remarks which may be
>considered sexist by many.  BIG]

Once again, BIG has allowed Ed to post something that is pretty much
intentionally meant to cause a ruckus.  I am writing this in the hopes that
the FMLers will be savvy enough to NOT empower Ed by responding to this
particular post.  Let Ed have his say and leave him alone.  Maybe this way
we'll all get lucky enough for him to stop posting non-helpful information
one day.  One can only hope.

[Moderator's note: OK, I'll clarify this in the FML guidelines next time I
review them, but for now, let me say that posts which I believe are clearly
sent *only* to annoy (and thus rejected for the FML by me) will be tracked.
A couple of grossly annoying posts in a month will result in suspension of
posting privileges for some fixed time.  The old method explained in the
guidelines isn't too applicable any more since the FML is for the most part
entirely moderated.

Note this applies to blatant abuse of posting policy and I can only think
of one or two instances where it would have ever applied.  But that's one
or two times too many.  The post which is causing the current controversy
was close to that, but I did decide it was marginally acceptable.  There
were other posts that subscribers never saw, of course....  BIG]