Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:25:49 -0800
I do not post on the FML but do read and have learned so much from this
site.  Thanks, Now for my 2 cents worth.  This comes from experience so
please consider the fact that this does need to be looked into.  Some
may think I am nuts but believe me I am not.

I had a deaf dark eyed white ferret that was like all the rest very
snoopy.  Zoe was out playing along with her brothers and sisters and came
up missing.  I had already gone through my house over and over looking
for places that these little guys could get into and had taken every
step to keep them safe.  I had not looked at the stove as a possiblity.
Remember she was deaf and could not hear a squeaky toy to come out to so
we though she had found a hiding place and would come out when she got
hungry.  I woke up in the early morning hours to get a drink and found
my stove oven light was on, how strange, I checked it and it was not hot
and not on.  I never gave it any kind of thought except to think it was
going out....great!!

I got up that morning and told my husband and of course he checked it and
the light was not on but he knew right away what it was.  He took the
back off of the stove and Zoe had somehow climbed up inside it and down
the back into the electrical part of the stove and connected with the
wiring.......poor baby.  I was sick, just sick and the pain in my heart
was so so bad.  It took me a long time to get over this.  What could I
have done different?  Why didn't I hear her in the stove?  It was such a
tight spot to get into so don't even think they can not try to get into
the smallest places cause they will.

My husband but small strips of wood around the sides and bottom of the
stove so they can no longer crawl beside the stove let alone get into
it.  Such an inexpensive item of material to buy and put down....Such
a horrible experience to go through.  So If you can please check your
stove and take all steps to keep it secure from your babies.

Thanks,
ferretmom101