From:
Jazmyn Concolor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:29:07 -0500
While I know that many people can't stand the word exotic used around
ferrets, I am asking that people please consider signing the petition to
preserve the rights of private exotic animal ownership.  Why?  Because
there are animal rights groups seeking to pass laws banning ownership of
exotic pets.  Most of the same AR groups would happily include ferrets in
the bans, but at this time are working on getting their foot in the door
with the banning of larger exotics.  Don't think for a minute they will
stop there.  So if you do support the rights of people to keep the pet of
their choice, wither it be a ferret, a skunk, a parrot, a snake or a
primate, PLEASE sign this petiton and spread the word to others to do the
same.  We are losing more and more rights each day, don't support those
who are taking our rights with your silence.

Remember, to many of the groups trying to pass laws to ban exotic animals,
ferrets are viewed as wild animals to them.  If they get their way with the
bills to ban large exotics, the smaller ones are certainly next.

Petition Supporting Private Ownership of ExoticAnimals

http://www.altpet.net/petition/index.shtml