Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 21:35:33 -0500
I still haven't thought of the *perfect* name for my baby; she does have
one secret name that only she and I know, which is the first name of our
Fairy Dookmother.  She and I are still negotiating about her day-to-day
moniker; she swears if I name her "Squiggles" or "Bouncey" she'll never
come out from under the bed.  I think I might go with "Cavale", which I got
from a play but which also means "escape" (which fits!!).  She's deciding
if she likes it or not.

She really seems to like it here, she bounces around a lot and dooks.  Her
favorite game is "Ferret Jig", which involves her chasing my feet as I sort
of Riverdance around and both of us dooking like madferrets.  She also
loves her wind-up car, which she chases all over the place.   She goes
crazy over burrowing in my laundry sack.  I plan to sew up a "crinkle sack"
for her once my mom's sewing machine gets fixed.  I also removed all the
pellets from her Teenie Beanie Babies so she couldn't swallow any.

She's a complete little acrobat, which causes me no end of freak-outs.  And
how she gets into the places she gets into...our TV rests on a cardboard
box, and she got inside it through the carry-hole on the side and started
scratching!

How does anyone live without a ferret?!?  I love feeling her little teeth
tugging at my sock, seeing her little nose poking out from under the bed,
and smelling that wonderful ferret muskiness!  (A guy on the bus today
asked me what fragrance I had on...I told him it was "Furo"!)

-Meghan
-Babyferret (why are you putting *my* socks on *your* feet?  I was playing
with those!!)