From:
"Dawn Smith, LOS National" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:15:10 EDT
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon as well as this morning I heard disturbing rumors
about LOS and it's divisions.  I cannot stress enough that rumors are
rumors.  There are those spreading rumors about people they have never
met and residences they have never seen themselves.  The best policy is
to go directly to the person involved and ask them if you have questions
about their practices regarding breeding, operating a shelter, etc.  I
have already asked these people to stop spreading rumors but sometimes
people don't listen, so I ask if anyone has a question about LOS and it's
divisions or would like to see LOS National, my doors, pedigrees and
records are open.  I have nothing to hide.  I have never inbreed, line
breed, etc., etc., etc.  I have invited those who questioned my home to
come and visit, though they have not responded, i feel that is because
they know it was a rumor.

We are USDA licensed, which means we have inspectors come out from 2-4
times a year on a surprise inspection and we have never had a problem.
I am sorry that those of you who are not involved must read this but
because I want to stop the rumors and those spreading the rumors have not
responded to my email, I wanted to clarify things.  But please if you
hear a rumor about LOS or anyone involved with LOS, ask me about it.
There are other organizations out there spreading untrue rumors and when
innocent people are pulled into the rumor mill, we are only hurting the
ferret community.  Let's face it, the ferret community is not what it
used to be.  We try to make the shows fun but in no means are we going to
be lax in our sanitation.  We have always been careful and therefore, we
maybe called sticklers but I would rather know we are going a little
overboard with cleaning than not be and have a ferret get sick.  We have
educated so many people about proper care and keeping of their ferret.
We do not do everything that other formats do but that is what makes the
shows.  Our concern has always been safety for all ferrets including my
own with which i would not bring out if I thought they would be in
danger.

Once again, I am truly sorry to those of you show are not involved in
this but I just wanted to clarify things.  But again, don't believe
everything you hear, there are people who pray on rumors.  I thank
everyone for their time and patience.  If anyone has questions, please
feel free to email me at [log in to unmask]  But please dont'
ask me for names, I do not believe in slander or defaming someone and
therefore, I am not mentioning name for that purpose.

Sincerely,

Dawn Smith, Vice President
Legion of Superferrets