From:
Frank Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 12:38:16 CET
While this doesn't solve problems of food digging, I did come up with a way
to make my kids clean up after themselves.  They don't like to eat directly
out of the dish - instead, they grab about 5 chunks of food (I can't figure
out how Pris gets that much into her mouth - she's a petite thing), carry
them off to a corner, and munch.  They have food stashed, plus all around
the bowl.

Now when things get messy, food all over, I let the food bowl go empty.  I
watch as they sneak off to their hiding places to gather up and eat all of
the food they've stashed away.  When they've finished that off, usually only
1 or 2 meals worth, I refill the bowl.

I have a question about hyper ferrets.  My kids are 4 months old, and won't
sit still for a second, even for petting.  I've gotten Sebastian to calm
down for a few minutes (once), but Pris is just nuts.  My guess is that
they're just young and playful.

I did find instant ferret intertainment.  They love to play under a throw
rug.  Lift that up quickly, and instant Weasel War Dance, keep doing it, and
viola - two psycho ferrets.

Thanks to Melissa for the idea on ping-pong ball fun.  I know mine will love
it.  I'll write back with the results.

Frank (and Sebastian and Pris)