From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 06:32:41 -0400
DEAR FML FRIENDS,  This is Kelleen and David and I started on the FML a few
weeks ago after getting our two babies Shyla and Rowdy. Boy are they growing
fast!!!  As of earlier today we rescued two more ferrets from just out of
Boise where we live.  Some people definitely are stupid and don't even bother
to learn how to care for their animals!!!!!  It makes me so damn angry.....
anyway David saw an ad in the paper that came out this morning  advertising
two ferrets with a cage for $150 so of curse he called immediately!!!!!!  He
found out they had a male and a female about one year old that they had
bought from a kid back in January for their FOUR YEAR OLD SON!!!!!!!!  How
dumb can you be?????? And of course now six months later he is rather tired
of them.  We also found out later from the husband that his wife was paranoid
because of her white carpets and furniture and immaculate house (if you know
what I mean). They had one of those huge carry on type plastic dog cages and
they were kept in it almost all the time in the garage.  They have been fed
dog food all their lives since the first young boy that owned them told the
new people that was what to feed them. They had never had ferrotone or
vitamins or any shots other than the ones they had before they were bought
the first time. The people had never bought a book or inquired of anyone
anywhere about the ferrets!!!!!! The ferrets had appatently never had any
toys because when David told them about ours they were totally surprised
about everything he told them, stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!!!!!  They have no
idea how much they missed out on!!!!!!  Well the great part is that we ended
up getting the two ferrets, which by the way at one year old had never even
been named!!!, the huge dog cage, a high priced litter pan and a bag of
litter for $125!!!!! Can you believe it?????? The very first thing we did was
run them to the vet for a check-up and their shots, which unfortunately ran
$70. But the vet said they looked in great shape. We are very lucky because
they don't seem to have been abused just improperly cared for because they
are quite mellow and very loving.  They are both sables but the female is so
light she almost looks silver. They have also both got names now. While the
vet was examining the boy David noticed he had a fang that kindof hung out
over his bottom lip but on examination we found his other fang had the tip
broke off!!!!  No biggie, but when David mentioned it I said, "That's it!
His name is FANG, and so it is".  David was having real trouble naming the
female because he was really leaning toward Silver but I thought that a bit
unimaginative.  Later I suggested SILVERADA and so it is..  So now we are a
proud and most deliriously happy family of 4 ferrets, 3 dogs and two plain
old humans.  Of course these are listed in order of importance!!!!!!!!!  The
only total bummer right now is going through the one week isolation period
for the new babies before they can be introduced to the rest of their
family!!!!!!  What a day that will be!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!   Well
thanks for reading our little story, Shyla says hi! since she had to come lay
in my arm to double check my spelling and such, so if there are any mistakes
it is totally her fault since she is now snoring away!!!!!  Oh yeh, our new
babies are each about 11/2 lbs. for Fang and slightly more for Silverada.  We
must be pretty lucky to have four quite small fuzzies, especially the little
boy!!!!!! We love it!!!!!        BYE!!!!!!!!!!

Shyla ;  Snore, snore, snore!!!!
Rowdy ; Hiding in the dryer hose, also snore, snore!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rascal ; I know there are more babies in daddy's room for me to be a
poda-ferret mommy to!!!!!
Silly ; I'm a grouch today, snap, growl, bark!!!!!!!
Moneybags ;  In bed w/daddy, snore, snore!!!!!
David ;  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Kellen ;  just the lowly human servant to the animal kingdom, but it brings
me such love and joy!!!!!!!!