Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:28:27 -0400
Master Largo's Update

August 14, 2003

So will somebody turn down the heat??????  Mum says it is too hot to play
on the porch or in the play yard ( outside) and I want to play in them
both!  Mum says it is time for me to send out more news from here.  It
has been a really busy month for both mum and me.  I was getten better
from the surgery our favorite doc did on me and mum was running around
the house trying to stay away from me cuz I was try'en to drag her into
my cage.  I is better now tho.  I don't chase her or kiss the skin off
her face no more.

August 16, 2003

I was written this newsletter and all of a sudden there was no lectric.
Mum says we had a black out, I say we had a hot hot hot hot out.  no
lectric means no AC and it was HOT in here..  Mum says we can't play on
the porch well the ferret room was as hot as the porch!!!!  We lost power
at 4 pm it finally came back on at 1:30 am.  Aunt Suzanne camed in around
7 with 5 bags of ice, Mum put it in Tupperware containers for us kids
cages.  (Mum had no ice bottles in the freezer yet cuz the freezer had
been full of fur kids) Mum says we really need a generator here, so I
thinks I is going to work up a special campaign for a generator for mum.
The room (fortunately it was late in the day) got up to 80.  We was
hanging upside down, inside out, and flat out trying to keep cool.
Thanks Aunt Suzanne for the ice!  (We is use to AC) But we survived, Mum
got us back up and running.  Mum ate cereal for dinner at 8:30 with the
flashlight.

We had a shelter day so Cathy, Holly and Deb (Holly's mom), and Deena
came to help mum, play with us kids and just kinda hang out with mum and
us.  Deena's Babies had to go see our favorite Doc, She thoughts they was
sick but Doc says NOPE they is A-OKAY!  Miss Gadget had drenal surgery,
Doc tried and tried to make her better, mum tried and tried, and her mom
and dad tried and tried, she just did not want to get better so she wents
to live at the bridge with our Reset, he did not want to get better
either.  Colby gots better though.

On a special day a friend of mums camed over with a backhoe (that's what
mum calls it) I call it big and noisy!!!  It made a big, big hole in our
back yard right next to the blue spruce tree mum planted.  Mum put all
the kids that has been in the freezer in the hole and covered them up.
It was a sad sad day for mum.

Mum gots another new kid.  His name is bones; he looks funny cuz he has
no fur on his body and his bones stick out.  All he ever does is talk!
Talk talk talk.  Mum thinks it is cute, I thinks he is trying to take
over my job as mascot and newsletter writer, try'en to impress mum, that
is what I thinks.  Mum says he is going in for surgery with the girls and
Rocky this coming week so mum has 4 kids going in to see our favorite
Doc.  They is all going to get cut in the belly and get purple strings on
them.  Sometimes even their bellies turn purple to match the strings.

Little Eddie went to a 4-ever home in Canandaigua, Sir Biscuit and Sir
Gravy went to a 4-ever home in Rochester, We still need to find a 4-ever
home for Billy and Nicki, they drive me and mum nuts they keeps jump'en
out of the play pen, and gett'en up on the kitchen sink and knocking
stuff off.

OH Yeah, mum wents to the picnic in Syracuse August 10, she said it was
really nice, had lots to eat, and met lots of fun humans owned by ferrets
just like me.  They had fun buy'en all the ferret stuff mum broughts with
her.

Mum tolds me to tell you that I did not lie about a raffle last month, we
was going to have one, but mum says the Hagerstown kids (62) needed more
help than we did so she decided that we would not do one till Barb and
Kim and all the others that are trying to get the kids better get all
the $$ they need.  We know you is all good to us and help mum take care
of us, but them kids is much more portant right now, so if you wants to
spend your moneys you can do donations or the ebay auctions that are
going on to help them Hagerstown kids.  Here is the information you need.

Snail Mail and Packages

Rocky's Ferret Shelter
PO Box 4040
Lutherville, Md 21094-4040

PayPal is the authorized payment processor for [log in to unmask]

18 more of them kids was found yesterday (Aug.  16) Mum is going to do
raffle later.  She has some really cool stuff coming up for raffle too.

We have Kaylie and Cooper here at camp, Kaylie and Cooper use to live
here with us but they now have a 4-ever home in Endicott, NY they are
here for camp for two weeks.

Bandit, Gus-Gus, and Izzie are here at camp too.

Donations that came in last month: Midwest cage, ice trays, meds from
Isaac, he went to the bridge too.  Push mower for the play yard, Big
double size Super pet cage, Pop cans, and Newspapers, cash towards
Rocky's surgery.

Well mum says it is time for her to go to church so I has to get off the
puter, I will catch you up on things again next month!

Kibble and wet nose kisses

Master Largo