From:
"TRACONSA (PTY)LTD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:06:38 +0200
Firstly - Hello to everyone out there.  Sukie you asked for people non-USA,
well here you go - My name is Gillian and I live in South Africa.  I have
been on the list for some time now, trying to find people in S.A. who also
share my interest in ferrets- well I had luck on my side and had a reply
from a guy in Cape Town ( I am on the east coast - Durban)

You see, I do not have a ferret yet, (neither does the guy in Cape town)
after many months of surfing the net and with no results - I came across a
guy in Pretoria (In land) that is importing some early this year.  In this
country a ferret has to be brought in sterilised and all the rest.
Breeding is not allowed.  This guy is actually waiting for his permits -
so please everyone hold thumbs for me that it comes through, so that I too
can become a ferret mommy.  We had a lovely sable female LADY, many years
ago, the most precious little lady, but had to give her up due to all the
permits and so on blah blah, needless to say I was absolutely devestated.
I was still a little girl at the time and used to have her draped over my
shoulders permanently, she used to chase our dogs around (they were
terrified of Lady), I do miss her still after all of these years gone by,
Anyhow she still lives on in my heart.  Nowadays alot of things are being
legalised in this country so I shall live in hope.  I will definitely let
everyone know how things progress and hopefully the news will be good.  If
anyone else on the list knows of anyone in South africa who loves ferrets,
please let me know.

Thanks a ton - and kisses to all the fuzzy babies.
Kindest Regards - Gillian (Durban South Africa)
my personal email :  [log in to unmask]