From:
Jose Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:49:53 -0400
Hello FML,

I have two ferrets who underwent adrenal surgery two years ago and both
are showing their symptoms again and I need some input on what their
options are.

1st fuzzy - Roo (RooBear) - female, 6 =BD years old, had her left adrenal
gland removed.  She has done wonderfully until now, her vulva is once
again swollen.  She is showing no other signs, her appetite and stools
are fine, very healthy coat and weight.

2nd fuzzy - Tango - male, 4 1/2 years old, has had his left adrenal gland
removed and his right debulked.  Has done very well until now, is showing
signs of aggression, marking things all over the house (peeing in small
amounts on things), no hair loss, good appetite/stools, very healthy coat
and weight.

Since Tango had his left removed and almost all of his right, what are
his options to aleviate his current symptoms.  I am discussing, with my
vet, a second surgery for Roo's right adrenal gland.  I appreciate any
suggestions you may have!

Thanks, and warm *fuzzy* hugs to all!
Tracy
Tango, Chico, Roo, Spunky & Leah (missing Pepe' terribly)