From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 11:45:15 -0600
Many months ago, I purchased some melatonin implants.  I had researched,
read posts of glowing success from others, & decided to try some on the
adrenal babies here.

When they came, & I saw the size of the diameter of the needle
(OW!!!)---I continued to opt for lupron.  (The needle is scarey.)  The
implants have remained in the meds cupboard.

Well, our new shipment of lupron isn`t here--and last night Snort grabbed
Alaska & was doing brutal, unspeakable things to him.  Alaska was crying.
I decided it was TIME!!!!

I got a plate of ferretone, pried Snort off of Alaska, & armed with my
trusty, huge melatonin implanter, I said a small prayer for guidance,
just before I scruffed Snort & moved in to do the deed.

Snort was very distracted by the ferretone.  He never even seemed to feel
the plunge of the first 1/4" of the needle.The skin was very tough.  I
paused,took a deep breath, then gave it another hard,continuous shove.
The huge needle was now in the full inch, just under the skin.

Snort continued to lap his ferretone--AS IF NOTHING HAD HAPPENED!!!!  I
pushed the plunger, withdrew---and Snort, oblivious to all but his plate
of ferretone, didn`t even bleed!  I felt for the granule--and there it
was----successfully implanted, just under the skin.  I had been so afraid
of hurting him--and he never even flinched!!!

Funny.  There are so many things in life that we dread so.....

We are never too old to learn.  And sometimes the things we dread the
worst, turn out to be not so bad at all.  At 56 years of age, I am still
learning.  You can face anything, with God`s help.

Words of encouragement to all of you out there who are facing something
scarey today.

Love,
Zoo