From:
ChaoticFer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 23:52:36 EDT
Dear FML - First, I would like to sincerely thank all who wrote to me
regarding the loss of Honey Bun.  I was touched by your notes and will
respond to each one.  Thank you all.

I have been away from the fml for quite a while, first I had two crashes on
my computer - it became confused and started forgetting it had files and
also was cross linking files.  Got that cleaned up and limped along for a
while postponing a new hard-drive transplant (did you know that hard-drives
for notebooks are really expensive?) and then my computer completely
developed Alzheimers forgetting everything.  Some things were backed by
discs, but I confess that using discs does not frequently occur to me and
thus I lost a few important things I need to rebuild.  It has been awhile
getting to this because I also crashed for two months and had to have
surgery on a leg and re- coup, etc.  Also, have major renovation on going on
the house.  I don't know why these people just don't move in, they have been
here since October!

Anyway - I have lost all in my address book who have not written to me in the
last month or so.  I would appreciate it if friends and those I have been in
contact with would drop me a line so I can retrieve your e-mail address --
don't assume that if I know you well that I remember your address!  Thanks in
advance!

Also - I lost my waiting list for ferret kits or older ferrets.  Some on
this list had been waiting for quite some time for specific requests like
black sables with very black noses (a lot are really black, but noses are
what I call T noses - dark with outline).  Some were waiting for
American/German or German hobs or jills.  I remember, for instance, that I
had five people waiting for German or German mix albinos and I have three
right now in a young litter - two jills and a hob.  Some were waiting for
black, sable or siliver mitts and one was waiting for a black-eyed white.
Sorry, I cannot remember your name & I do have one in a young litter.  So,
any who catch this post - please send me your e-mail and let me know approx.
when you first contacted me.  If you are still interested.  Am doing more
breeding this year and those who have been waiting will hopefully get their
baby this season!

I became so far behind in the fml that there was no hope of catching up.
Had 70 downloaded, not counting the un-read ones lost during the spectacular
crash.  I have been scanning through about every 5th-7th to try to pick up
the gist of what has been going on.  Please do not get ticked with me for
this comment; but it reminded me of a joke on a show on t.v.  One person
asked another what she was reading in the comic section of the paper.  She
said Apartment 3-G.  The other commented "Gosh, I haven't read that comic
strip in at least 16 years".  The reader replied "Well, it is later the same
afternoon......".  And the fml reminded me of that.  Although I picked up
something new which I will comment on in next post.

Couple of tips: If your ferret(s) are bugging you to death and you need to
get them out of your hair for a few minutes - put ferretone on one of their
forelegs.  This will keep them busy for a bit.

New product out - Purell - and I have fallen in love with it.  It is a clear
hand cleaner with mosturizers that you rub into your hands.  It dissipates
in a few minutes and is great - gets about 99.5 percent of all germs and for
those who are shelters, rescues, breeders, or own a zillion ferrets and wash
hands frequently, it is wonderful and quick to use.  I highly recommend it--
my hands usually are red and raw from frequent washes and are much better
now.  It is carred at grocery/drug stores in the section with hand soaps.  I
also like the germicidial hand soaps dispensed by pump.  Cheers to all, Meg