Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 22:36:28 -0600
I don't consider the post worth replying to, but in case other people feel
the same, I would like to just justify myself.

I am not some tree-hugging 'animal lover'.  I care for my animals, and I
give them the respect they desrve.  Amoung this respect is feeding them the
diet they need.  Also, these mice would have had (humane, as far as that
goes) experiments done on them.  So really, they'd probably thank me.

This person 'spoke for the whole list' in thier reply.  Apparently, I do
not understand this 'community' of 'animal lovers', and I am degrading the
list with my disgusting talk of feeding my animal 'other animals', and that
this was a huge blow against people trying to convince people that ferrets
are domesticated.

As far as I was aware, this was a list for ferret owners about their
ferrets and ferret care, not a select group of people who are 'right'.
If I am wrong, please tell me, and I'll unsubscribe right away.

I find close-mindedness rather offensive, but knowing what that sort of
person is like, I won't be holding my breath for an apology.

On a side note, in follow up to my original post, the ferrets are now
eating the entire mouse, and are eating small amounts of thier other food,
so I'm happy.  To anyone else who feeds mice (and I've read discussions on
it before, I know you're out there somewhere ;P) would the ferrets need to
eat less of this diet than of the tinned/raw meat?

- Reet
(Proud to put respect for my fellow beings welfare above my own silly
little views on life)