Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:41:52 -0500
Latest Update . Please pass along to your lists and groups

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your additional feedback.  While we had hoped to be able to
find common ground on the issue of facilitating local shelter adoptions
on eBay.com, it appears that sentiment among our members is strongly
going the other way.  In short, the dominant point of view we've heard
is that you do not want pet listings -- whether for adoption from
shelters or from commercial breeders -- on eBay.com.  Consequently, we
will not pursue the idea further.

We have initiated a preliminary discussion with Betsy Saul, President
of Petfinder.com -- a site that many of you suggested -- to talk about
possible ways we might work together.  We will let you know what we find
out.

Sincerely,
Lori

What a shame.  I thought that was a great idea for shelters to get help
getting shelter kids adopted.  They weren't auctioning live animals,
just listing places to adopt them.  I guess some people just don't want
to help shelters get babies adopted out.