From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:16:24 -0500
>From:    Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Neglect (Laurel,MD)
>...But this is the last straw.  The owner came out and threw a blanket
>overthe cage, as if that is supposed to keep the ferret warm.  I am
>sickened by this.  What do I do?  Who do I call?

If the laws in your area are anything like ours, call the humane society or
animal control.  Our neighbor used to leave their dog out in the back yard
with no access to any type of shelter from the summer sun or thunderstorms.
The humane society told me that it was illegal to not provide shelter and
they sent someone out to give my neighbor a warning.

I would imagine the same law would apply to a ferret confined in a cage
with no way to escape the elements.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc