From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2012 09:32:59 -0500
This year has been a challenging year personally as we wind down the
FerretWise programs.

Thankfully I have been (personally) free of surgical procedures for a
full year! Hooray! and my energy level is starting to pick up (as well
as, my arthritis in the cold weather) . I was so VERY pleased and
surprised to receive several Thanksgiving cards in the po box following
the turkey Holiday! What FUN! I thank those who sent the supportive and
delightful cards this way!

What I did not expect was to receive an email from Robin Jones
informing us that Ferret Wise was the winner in the Thanksgiving Card
exchange and as a result SOS had $286 towards shelter needs! THANK YOU
ALL! What a blessing this has been for us! We will be receiving ferret
diet form Totally Ferret with your generous donation!!!

This is a bright star for our Holiday Season indeed. This year we did
NOT enter our small group of ferrets on the Giving Tree as we know how
hard it is for larger rescues to go on, so we chose not to compete.
That was our gift, but this news has brought real joy in knowing that
through the winter months we will have healthy food for all of our kids!

We lost one more this week, Charlie in the Kittery hospice run by dad
Maurice. Charlie is back here with me awaiting cremation -- another
facet of care that usually goes unseen in rescue. While it is sad to
see these lovely children pass, it is heartwarming to know that they
enjoyed life , a safe environment, good food and quality of life. What
more could a ferret want.

Our fund raising abilities at Ferret Wise ended when we surrendered our
501c3 status so getting by has been tough, especially when most of the
ferrets are in their senior years. Our donors can be counted on one
hand, so we Ferret Wise hospice folks have had to rely on our personal
pocketbooks to provide necessary vet care - and in our system at
present with hospice folks spread across the state we use several vets
instead of one core vet.

This gift certainly will be greatly received and appreciated by both
the ferrets in our care and by the hospice folks who care for them. We
cannot adequately express our thankfulness to SOS and the participants
of the Thanksgiving Card Exchange.

Alicia for FerretWise