From:
Serra Cane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 13:17:30 -0500
First of all I would like to thank everyone who answered my call for help.
I truly appreciate your kindness.

It was very difficult for us to decided what to do.  We came to the
conclusion we would talk with our vet and make sure she was confident they
could work on Nikki.  If she didn't, we had heard of a clinic in St. Louis
we thought about contacting.  However, when I talked to our vet this
morning, she made me feel more comfortable with leaving her there.  But it
didn't really matter, because she called me during the surgery and told me
she had lots and lots of little tumors in your stomach winding all around
her intestines, and it would just be impossible to remove them and have her
live through it.  Although it was heartbreaking, I felt kind of relieved
that we hadn't went on a desperate search, just to be dissapointed with the
same result.  I know we did the right thing by letting her pass over the
bridge, because the last two days had been just miserable for her.At least
now she is happy and comfortable.

And I know she had a good life with us and her two brothers and two sisters.
My heart aches with sadness that she is gone.  Although it is harder on us,
it is much easier on her.

Thanks again for everyone's help.  I know the vet references I was given
will come in useful in the future.

Sadly,
Serra