Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:34:06 -0800
We brought in our ferret to the vet yesterday with the hopes of getting
him an adrenal surgery. The bloodwork showed that he had kidney
failure, though, so we just got him an implant (not sure how long the
Des implants take to work) and then after a crappy day, he came home.
When I dropped him off, I told the kennel staff his jar of baby food
was in the bag with his belongings, and needed to go in the fridge.
They smashed the jar so glass and baby food sat all day on all of his
things in the bag, rotting. So they ignored me, and my note.

Then I call in after they told me that he had kidney failure. Not only
do they not offer suggestions or treatment for the kidney failure, but
they said let us call you back on if he can have the implant. 6 hours
later, no one can give me a straight story on if he's even had it or
not, or can go home.

I asked if I could be prescribed k/d for him (or whatever they eat when
they have this)..and if I could get his results. They say sure. I end
up coming home with no food and no paper.

I am wondering - what have others used; I got this recipe off the net,
and it's from a ferret husbandry book. I also have read just to feed
feline K/D.

57.5g liver
50g boiled egg
175g cooked rice
7.5g vegetable oil
2.5g calcium carbonate

Animalac (unavailable here in the US, I could perhaps use vitamins
meant for ferrets??)

I have found another recipe like this that includes Nu-salt.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips, I would be glad to hear them. He
doesn't even look or act sick at this point.