From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:01:22 -0700
>From:    "Marlene B., Richmond Ferret Rescue" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Kodo's passing.
>
>Gordon, I am sorry for your loss, but please tell me that "what any good
>owner had to do" was not to end his suffering with a blow from a shovel.
>If I'm wrong, I apologize.  If not, I would think that anyone who drives
>a corvette could afford the cost of an veterinarian to humanely put that
>poor ferret down.

Wow, I could not think of a more hurtful and uncalled for thing to say
than the opening statement in the post below.

Gordon, I'm so sorry you've been subject to this attack, especially in a
time of loss of your beloved little Kodo.  I don't question your decision
to give Kodo every opportunity, to be absolutely sure before taking this
irreversible step.

You clearly have much respect and support within the ferret community,
so my prayers will be for your attacker, that she will find compassion,
kindness and happiness.

Jerri Carel
The Ferret Haven
Louisville, KY