From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:59:38 -0600
A couple weeks before the symposium we happen to be in a petstore.  They
had recently gotten in a new shipment of kits and as usual we checked on
them.  There was a tiny blaze girl that was wobbly and wide eyed but not
eating.  I requested the food be moistened, which it was and she still
wouldn't eat or even lap at the liquid.  I tried finger feeding her and
she wouldn't eat so we tried the Marshalls food and again she wouldn't
eat even moistened.  I asked that they watch her closely and we left....
a few miles down the road I turned to Nancy and quietly said "should we
We talked about it a few minutes then turned around and went back to the
store.  I walked in the store and told the clerk I wanted the little girl.
He smiled and said "I'm glad she'll have a good home".....

Last night Weebles had her official vet visit.  She's been officially
diagnosed as being deaf.  AND Larry (our vet) was quite smitten with her.
She was very calm in his arms and coyly played under the cage as he
smilingly watched her.  Talk about charm and self-assurance!

This morning as I was feeding Wannabe I watched her play tube tag with 5
of the big kids.  Goodness, the little vixen even has them enthralled!

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity