From:
poleKATparsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:00:56 -0700
>From:    Judy Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Question for Shelter Operators

>Our shelter, Cloud Nine Ferrets, has recently had a few surrendered
>ferrets that haven't been descented.......... simply added in.  Our
>question now is whether to descent the others.  The other three fuzzies
>are already neutered.
>
>I remember from the symposium this year that a few folks recommended not
>descenting and I probably wouldn't descent a ferret I planned to keep as
>a personal but what have you guys done about your adoptables...descented
>or not........
>
>   Judy Wallace
>   Cloud Nine Ferrets
>   Dellrose, TN

judy...
first i am not a shelter..but i do adopt FROM shelters...

my vet will not descent if the ferret is already fixed...it is TOO
delicate of an opertion...

but more importantly...i have/have had several un-descented ferrets...it
is no big deal...it does not make them smell any differently...they just
"poof" when they get excited...and that quickly dissipates...

so...in my humble opinion...it matters not if they are or aren't...so why
put the baby thru that extra surgery???

kat

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT and the Kollektive [18]
http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97
In Memory of...White Russian...who lost his fight with ADV on May 8, 2002
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy,
D'weezle, Pye, Sandi, and the biggest pieces of my heart...Sonny, Charlie
and Geezer!  ...Keeping in memory...Dweezil, Opie and Tunees...

My ferret Afghans! http://www.geocities.com/crochetkat/ferret
Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
Think about it!