From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:17:14 -0500
I'm reposting this with more information and could Lynn Parrish please
contact me.

Hope all of you and your fuzzies have a good week..

Here is information on 2 groups of "rescue" ferrets we are trying to
place in "good, pemanant" homes.  If someone is interested they can
e-mail me at [log in to unmask]  We could probably drive them (at
least part way) to new homes, if someone who wants them can not easily
get to Lawrence, KS.

Need to find good permanant homes for 2 groups of bonded males.  We have
too many to care for in the manner in which they should be due to my
health problems.  Norman's jobs have him too busy and too tired to pick
up most of my work load with them.  If we can get the numbers down, we
can go back to enjoying the ferrets we have, instead of just being their
"caretakers".  I hope some of you on this list can help me find some good
homes for them.  Thank you!

First group is a group of 3 bonded males.

They are neutered, descented, go about 3 lbs each, and are suppose to be
current on their shots until this Fall.  They came to us healthy and were
well cared for, had great coats and temperments, though one is a little
shy/reserved.  The owners were finishing up/graduating from KU, ran into
problems with a temporary landlord, but were moving.  They knew Norman
from his job at Pet Co and he volunteered to take care of them.  They
were going to visit and then when settled "this summer" come back for
them, if we wanted to let them have them back.  "Sounded okay".  But
after they brought them to Norman, they never came back or inquired about
their 3 boys, never left a forwarding address, etc.  They are healthy,
almost always use the litter box, and have sweet temperments, never
nipping us and get along with all the other ferrets.

When They came to us in April (5 mos. ago) we were told that Tin, the
Dark Sable with a black nose was 1 1/2 yrs old; Toby, the lighter colored
male was 2 1/2 years old, and Terzu, the sable with a a lot of white on
the face was 2 years old.  - but then they qualified it by saying give
or take 3 months on each - so they are approximately:

        Tin - 2 yrs, Terzu - 2 1/2 yrs, and Toby - 3 yrs.

While they came with names, they do not seem to respond to their
particular names.

They are good about letting me trim nails, clean ears, etc.  They are
pretty good about using the litter boxes.  they are good eaters, have
good stools and we have seen no evidence of any developing health
problems

They came with a carrying cage (which we will pass along with them).
The previous owners supposedly let them pretty much have free roam?
(I'm not sure of a room or an apartment); and we have a small room with
a few cages, hammocks, toys, and cubbies that our ferrets have free roam
in - so we never acquired a big cage for them.  Our ferrets eat Totally
Ferret.  They were fed a different food when we got them, I do not
remember what.  But, they made the switch easily.

The second group is 2 albino males.  Both neutered and descented and
current on shots though due soon.  One, "Rascal" is about 2 3/4 years
old and Scamp is about 1 3/4 years old.  They are both Pet Store rescues.
Rascal was getting too big and was rough with the younger ferrets at the
Pet Store and was isolated - became anxious and started bitting and
clawing at people a lot.  They let Norman take him home.  He does
occassionally bite - more if you are lying down and he get at your head.
He will also leap at you, but lets me trim nails, etc.  with no problems.
He can be rough with some other ferrets at times.  Scamp was acquired
when the Pet Store lost power during a bad ice storm.  He was very young
and they were concerned about him before the power loss.  The other
ferrets were picking on him a lot and he was not doing well.  We kept a
number of the Pet store animals at our house until the power got back on.
He did fine with us and they told us to keep him.  He gets along with
everyone okay, but "hangs" with Rascal the most.  He can get skittish at
times, hide under things and be hard to coax out.  At these times he gets
your hand in his mouth, when you get a hold of him, but only "bit"
(without breaking the skin) a couple of times.  He lets you trim nails,
etc.  okay, but squirms more than of any of them.  Both are healthy and
neither has had any reactions to shots.

While the ferrets in both of these groups are friendly, none are overly
attached to us - they should make easy adjustments to new homes.

Linda
and Norman,
 & the 9 furry heart stealers:
Saint Patrick, Mittens, Curious George, Little Dude, Scamp, Rascal, Toby,
Terzu, and Tin from Lawrence, KS
with Frisky, Baby, Handsome, Sassy, May, Whisper, and Bandit watching
from the Rainbow Bridge