Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:56:39 EDT
This is to the gal who made the comment about it being sad that there
were so many responses regarding the new beagle - but none to her,
regarding her sick ferret.

Did it occur to you that perhaps we didn't know the answer to your
problem, and therefore couldn't advise you?  Please try to think about
WHY there were more about the beagle.  It is possible that more people
have dealt with introducing a new animal to ferts than have dealt with
your situation.  I for one, had no advice for you - and didn' t want to
take up "space" here, when I couldn't help you.  It is also probable that
others like me, have never dealt with your situation.  We don't want to
give you "bad" or "wrong" advice, and since perhaps we have never dealt
with what your little fuzzy is going thru - we didn't want to steer you
wrong.

I can guarantee you that noone tried to "hurt your feelings" or "slight"
you with no response - it is just that if we do'n't know how to advise
you - then we just don't know.  Please don't take offense to it - as
none was intended towards you.  I can also guarantee you that if any of
us DID have advice, or could advise you, we would do it in a heartbeat.
We sure wouldn't want anything to happen to you or your little fuzzlet -
and if we could help, we would!

My advice to you is get to a good ferret knowledgeable vet.  If my fuzzy
had the issues you are describing, I personally, (but I have been known
to go OVERBOARD sometimes with my kids) - would park my butt at the vet's
office until someone told me what was wrong.  If my vet didn't know -
then I would seek out another vet - that was perhaps more knowledgeable -
in ferrets, and find out.  I would continue "hounding around" - until I
had the answer.  It is understandable why you ask this group - as we all
give advice when we can, but don't "slap" us around, because we didn't
have answers for you.  That just invites trouble.  I am sure you
understand.  I do sincerely hope that you and your fuzzy find out what
is wrong - and soon.  Good luck.  You and your fuzzy are in my thoughts
and prayers.

Kim, and Her Army of Idiots