Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 17:28:05 -0500
I would like to take this opportunity to announce the finalists in the
American Ferret Association's Adolescent, Alter, Breeder and Companion
Ferrets of the Year competition. If you are receiving this email (or
reading it on the fml) and you and your ferret's name is included in
the list below, then your ferret is one of the top four finalists. I'm
sorry I can't just list the winners, that would take all the fun out
of the presentations now wouldn't it!

The AFA Ferrets of the Year Awards will be presented on Friday, March
27th at AFA's First Annual Awards Banquet to be held at the Old Main
Building at the York Fairgrounds in York, PA. The dinner and awards
presentation will be from 6:00-8:00pm. Any and all are invited to
attend - information such as the cost per person for the buffet and
the deadline for reserving your seat is included in the AFA Spring
Nationals Ferret Competition Show Packet that will be sent out in the
next day or two and will be available for download from the AFA website
(www.ferret.org) starting early next week.

Martin's Cages was our most generous sponsor for the AFA Ferret of the
Year and AFA Specialty Ferret of the Year awards. Skip and Diana will
be joining us at the dinner and presentation ceremony on Friday night.
We will also have a photographer at the hall so you can get pictures
of your ferret and their award.

The main qualifications for this award are the ferret must have been in
one of the title classes in at least four (4) AFA sanctioned shows; the
class must have been judged by a licensed AFA title class judge; and
the ferret must have consistently placed well in the competitions. If
you think your ferret was missed, please contact me directly at
jbferret @ mindspring.com (no spaces).

Adolescent Class Finalists:
Kerry Fabrizio - HTF's One Timer
Vickie McKimmey - JBF's Caribou Lou, JBF's Eskimo Joe,
                  JBF's Ghetto Booty

Alter Class Finalists:
Joy Decker - MMF's Little John
Kerry Fabrizio - SH's Amaretti of HTF
Susie Hamilton - DOT's Zoppini Firenze of FPK
Sara Hamilton-Yotz - LW's Annabelle

Breeder Class Finalists:
Ann Barzda - HCF's Hemi Barracuda
Sally Heber - SH's Indigo Night, SH's Winds of Fortune
Jessie Molan -FP's Sangreal (Mingus)

Companion Class Finalists:
Ann & Patrick Grimm - Merlin, Penny
Lara Wilson - Murray's Dooking Under the Influence
Betty Ruth Yerger - Ringo

Congratulations to all the finalists and I look forward to seeing
everyone and their ferrets at the award presentations and at AFA's
Spring Nationals Ferret Competition, Old Main Building, York
Fairgrounds, York, PA on March 28th.

Vickie

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com
American Ferret Association
Director of Shows and Special Events
www.ferret.org
Author of Ferrets:  An Animal Planet Pet Care Library Series Book