From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:07:56 -0400
There is a ferret Shelter in Ohsweken, Ontario in the Six Nations Reserve
close to Branford.  They recently acquired 4 ferrets from a Barn Yard
Breeder for a dollar each.  None are spayed as the shelter can't afford to
do it.  They are new to Canada (originally from America) and have no money
and are not working.

But, this is not the only problem.  The shelter has young children, and as
I was told, the ferrets are "vicious" and the shelter dad has to ware
gloves to clean their cages.  He's had them for over 2 months and has not
been able to spay them.  He is concerned that his kids are going to get
hurt by the fuzzies and does not want to shelter them anymore.

I have never met a "vicious" fuzzy that couldn't be turned around (even
though some have taken me a year), but with ECE in my shelter, I'm having a
tough time adopting who I have here.  ECE being new to Ontario, not allot
of people/vets know what to do and even though I know ECE will eventually
go through almost every home in North America, people are still scared.

I am concerned about the welfare of the ferrets as I have stated they are
not spayed.  If there is anyone who could foster or adopt the ferrets into
a good home who can afford to have them spayed, please let us know.  Our
shelter's funding is low and we are unable to foot the bill for the
Branford Shelter.

Thank you in advance, Randy
The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick