From:
"Ryan, Jamie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 10:35:00 PDT
A quick post to relate a less expensive alternative to plexiglass under the
door.  I was absolutely desparate to stop the digging, becuase of the
possibility of mean downstairs apartment people complaining about the noise.
(I'm not supposed to have animals.) One night I put a big disposable
aluminum cookie sheet under the door.  I had to laugh because big fat puddy
would dig away, and suddenly stop.  He would stop and start, then off to
play somewhere else.  I think his little paws were getting overheated from
the friction.

Thank God they ALL hate the aluminum and have not pooped or scratched at the
door since.  Phew.