Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 02:32:16 -0400
Nori is having exploratory surgery Friday morning to biopsy a mass in his
abdomen.  If you have any extra positive vibes to spare, we'd sure love
them.  He's a 4.5 year old MF male.  I thought he might have been getting a
little lethargic over the last week, but thought it may have been my
imagination, too.  Sunday night, while I was playing with the "kids", I
picked Nori up and noticed his abdomen felt firm and lumpy (not a good
sign).  I whisked him off to the vet first thing Monday morning, where
they did x-rays, ultrasound, and a complete blood profile.

Other than finding that there is a 5cm mass inside his abdominal cavity,
there is nothing conclusive... so, he'll be having a biopsy done.  My vet
strongly suspects that the mass is associated with the mesenteric lymph
node, and suspects lymphosarcoma.  There are other possibilities, but we'll
know for sure when the biopsy results come back.  *sigh*

On a related note, can anyone recommend a good holistic vet in the SF Bay
Area?  I'd like to become more aware of how holistic medicine might be able
to supplement traditional medical care for the fuzzies.

Thanks,
Alyssa