From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 19:15:12 -0700
Has anyone thought about sending Ferrets in to look for survivors?  We
hear about air spaces that we can't get to yet and tapping sounds, why not
strap tiny cameras, microphones, speakers, transponders - whatever to some
Ferrets, and let them explore their way down the wreckage?  We all know
they are magicians at getting into tiny impossible places.  They can be
our eyes and ears, we can track their location and if a victim is nearby
we could communicate with them too.

Dede in CaCaLand.

[Moderator's note: Perhaps some people will feel joking about this is in
poor taste and I apologiize if this offends people.  I happen to think
it's funny, anyhow... (but I don't believe everyone else has to agree).

I briefly discussed the idea with another FMLer who had a similar idea.
The images in my mind were quite funny though -- like ferrets would find
the flight recorders in two minutes but they'd drag them off to a hidey
hole where they'd never be found again.  Or the ferrets would do a war
dance after finding them, causing more buildings to collapse.

Just a sample.  BIG]