From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:33:08 -0500
>From:    Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I have a 5 year old ferret who gets an ear infection after each bath.
>It's always the same ear.  I try to keep his head dry, I only use a
>washcloth on it, his head is never in direct contact with the water.
>This has been going on for years!  It is definitely a yeast type
>infection, his ear stinks.
>
>Anyway any suggestions out there for protecting his ears better than I
>have been during bathtime?

With the puppies and kittens we used to fill their ears with baby oil
before bathing.  Even a couple of drops in the eyes to prevent soap
irritation.  I don't see why it wouldn't work for ferrets.

Regards,
Hawk, Patrick, Salem, Faye, Scramble, Pyewhacket and Smokey

Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.