From:
Terri from AOL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 1994 19:34:24 -0400
Hi All!  I have unsuccessfully been trying to get my two butt munchers to
stay up on our shoulders when we are walking around.  They refuse, of course,
and insist on trying to jump off.  Has anyone sucessfully trained their
fuzzies to do this?  I have seen it done with other owners.  Our two will be
a year old in August.  I would appreciate any training advice.  Also, I am
the lucky one that gets to clip their nails.  I try to do this when they are
sleepy (like before they wake up).  Occaisionally, I have clipped to the
quick(sudden movement) and caused them to bleed(it breaks my heart...).  They
don't seem to bleed long, but I know that you must be careful in dogs when
they bleed to make sure the bleeding stops.  Does clipping past the quick
endanger them in any way?  Also(a lot of questions tonight) do they need
heartworm medication in the spring?  We live in northeastern Illinois.  And
where the heck do you find collars small enough to put around their little
necks?  Are there any reputable breeders in Illinois (Chicago area,
specifically)?  Both of ours have two small blue tattoos in their right ears.
 What does this mean.  I heard it meant that they were spayed or fixed and
descented and what is the best age to have this done(for future babies).
Thanks.  Sorry this is so long...