From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 16:10:38 -0500
>From:    Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
>How do you think my baby got her name - Monkey?!  I found her once on top
>of her four story wire cage, curled up in a ball asleep.  I knew it couldn't
>be comfortable and then I realized, she climbed up, but she couldn't get
>down so she went to sleep.

Oh GOD. Mine are hysterically good climbers of cages.

Potpie: Climbs to the top of her cage (four feet tall) to make sure i'm not
keeping raisins up there.  I keep their food up there, sealed in tupperware,
but sometimes i'll set raisins on top of the tupperware and forget.  So,
every week or so, Potpie climbs up, 'just to check.' She sniffs around,
stares at us happily, and then climbs back down.  She goes down butt-first,
and lets herself down arm-over-arm.  Really!  I put her on top of her cage
just to show visitors.  They all go, "No WAY!!!" and ask me to put her up
there again.

Friday & Noodle: These two climb up and get stuck.  I've found both asleep
on the top of their cage, but more often they climb up and then fall off
(again, a four foot tall cage).  I mean, what can I do to stop them?
Nothing.  They'll just have to fall.  Two sides of the cage are usually
against the wall, however, so they sort of slide down between the cage bars
and the wall.  It squishes them a bit, so sometimes they slide slowly,
sometimes fast.  Usually head-first.  I worry about those two.  Friday
ALMOST had the arm-over-arm backwards trick down, but she freaked, climbed
back up, and then fell off the cage instead.  :)

Melissa

      Melissa Litwicki                              "Is it ... atomic?"
      [log in to unmask]                             "Yes! VERY atomic!"