From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 18:26:16 -0400
Carol, please let us know what animal control does.

I recently have been speaking with an animal control officer a few counties
over and she was involved with the same type of situation.  She confiscated
the animals, but when it came to trial the judge gave the owner a 6 month
probationary period and let her keep the animals as long as she cleaned up
her act.  The animal control officer was to visit her every so often to
make sure she was "doing things right", but last time we talked, this
person was only making minimal improvement.  It makes me sick that some
people in power have no common sense or compassion for these little
creatures.

Mary and the gang of 20...

Mary McCarty-Houser
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association